Thursday, February 21, 2008

ART consult & Mock ET

Today we had our 'official' consult with the IVF nurse, Julie. We had to sign tons of paperwork, Chris said it was like signing another mortgage! There are several consent forms to sign, like what to do with any embryos if you get divorced, if one partner dies, if you both die, etc. Now we have to elect a guardian for our embryos. I think we're going to ask Chris's parents to sign that this weekend.

I also had my Mock ET today. That went very quickly, but it was crampy when the catheterer went in, that didn't feel so good. But Dr. Y said that won't happen when he actually does the real transfer, because he was measuring this time, so next time he'll know and it won't touch my cervix. He said things looked good, my uterus was slightly tipped, but that was fine.

Just lots of information to digest in one day, lots of paperwork to read over.
I start the Lupron injections on March 8th. If everything stays on track I'll have the egg retrieval on April 5th and the transfer on April 7th.
Now I just have to get up the nerve to tell my boss about all of this!

No comments: