Last night (Wednesday March 26) was my first night of doing stims. My Lupron was decreased to 5, so that was good, but it still required a poke, so that didn't really matter to me.
The second shot I did was Menopur. I had read before about people saying that it "stung" or "burned" when it when in, but I had forgotten about that. As soon as I started to push the meds in.....whhooooooo, holy cow! It does burn! It probably took me two or three minutes to get all the meds in because I would put a little in and have to stop and wait for the burning to subside a bit. I'm totally not looking forward to another one of those, but I'm glad it's just one.
The third and final was the Follistim injection. I've done these before so I knew they were not too bad. What I forgot is that we used to let it sit outside of the fridge and come up to room temperature before doing the shot. So we did it right out of the fridge and that one burned a little bit too. Plus, before I'd only done like 75IU's on an IUI cycle, this time my dosage was 225 IU's! That was quite a bit more than I'm used to.
So one day of that down, one more to go.
My next appointment is tommorrow morning, I'll update after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment